Sunday, March 2, 2008

that darn comment

At church Sunday, a friend of mine commented, "Hey the other day I was watching That Darn Cat! with my daughter, and Hayley Mills kept reminding me of you. I'm not sure why, but I think it was the facial expressions." I have to say that this really made my day. I have loved Mills' movies since I was a little girl. Though I'm not quite sure that I bear any resemblance to her, I now have a renewed interest in watching The Parent Trap, That Darn Cat!, Pollyanna and my absolute favorite, a lesser-known 1964 Disney film called The Moonspinners, a murder mystery set on the island of Crete. I've posted a little montage of Hayley moments below. Any thoughts?



4 comments:

Julie said...

I loved the film The Moonspinners so much when I was a kid, I had to track down the book and read it as well. A few summers ago I saw Hayley Mills in The King and I--I kept thinking, "that's Hayley Mills!" So, are you the proper twin or the mischievous twin?

Amy R said...

Yup, I see it too :)

Katie said...

I loooved The Parent Trap with Hayley Mills as a child - and was later so excited to discover that she played Miss Bliss on the junior high version of Saved by the Bell! :)

Cole said...

My love for cats drew me to this movie as a little boy...and I love Mills, too.